Saturday, July 18, 2009

SOMEBODY'S GOT TO FEEL SOMETHING!

Finished watching Billy Graham's life portrayed in video, narrated by David Frost. Deeply moving experience. I believe he is the greatest man to live in my lifetime. I am grateful to have lived when he did. I wish with all my heart that I could have even a small portion of the impact for Christ that he had.

I think the thing that most impressed me about the Graham video last night was that Billy wasn't in it for the money. He wasn't in it for the fame. He was in it for Jesus. His preemptive focus was to preach the Gospel. Nothing else, just the Gospel. Not only was he not in it for the money, he actively eschewed the Gantry image whenever and wherever he could.

I need to keep this in mind as I “market” my books. Unfortunate term. What I am really doing is distributing them in hopes that all may read and come to know Jesus Christ in a way that is deeper and more satisfying than ever before.

Yes, I am hoping and trusting that my family's financial needs may be met. In terms of actual dollars, I am not quite sure what that means. But I have no need to be wealthy or rich, compared to the society in which I live. Compared to other societies in the third world, I am already wealthy beyond imagination.

The other thing that impressed me, indeed, brought tears to my eyes, was the graphic of the chinese woman, in a crusade in mainland China, spontaneously spreading out her arms in praise and worship. She obviously, in this communist country, did not care who saw her. She was taking all of Jesus that she could get. What incredible passion does the Holy Spirit bring! My God, may I feel it as well. May all who seek the Lord Jesus Christ feel it. As an evangelist I heard once said, “When a malignantly sinful man meets an infinitely Holy God, Somebody's got to feel something!"

No comments:

Post a Comment