Thursday, November 26, 2009

THANKSGIVING

Lord, as you know, I am deeply impressed and affected by my weaknesses and my failures, but I want you to know that I am grateful for the life you have given me. When I question this, when I say to myself, “I wish I had never been born,” I am being very foolish and ungrateful.

Despite the difficulties in life, I do have a life, a life that will carry on into eternity. From the day I was born, you granted me eternal life. I am deeply grateful that I will live far beyond this life, and that I will live it with you and loved ones. I love and appreciate my family, both now and in the future, a family that will never cease, a family that will continue forever in your presence. This time on earth is just a beginning.

Some have said that how we live on earth will shape and impact how we live in heaven. I’m not so sure. How many of us will enjoy what you granted the thief on the cross, or those who come to know you on their death bed? I don’t know what eternity holds for me, but I know that it is beyond my imagination to conceive. I do know that “eye has not seen, nor ear heard the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” For this life now, and for the life to come, I am deeply grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I'll be a follower. I love your waxing away at stuff. Not sure what all that following stuff is gonna do for me. Was hoping it would send me emails notifying me that you had added something to your blog. Sigh. So bad at this tech stuff. Love you. Hug Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete